Although oral health care often requires much more than taking a magical pill to save your smile, in dentistry, fluoride tablets can certainly help. To help you understand fluoride and your oral health consider the following benefits of fluoride:
– Fluoride works to shelter your tooth enamel from dental erosion and cavities, which is why it has been added to the public water supply.
– Fluoride supplements can be used as lozenges, pill, tablets, and drops.
– Fluoride products that are considered trustworthy are those that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance given out by the American Dental Association.
– Fluoride has only been deemed perilous in very large quantities, so it should be avoided completely with infants.
– Fluoride is often added to services as a supplementary oral health treatment, but it is also naturally found in bodies of water across the planet.
– Fluoride can often be located in toothpaste, mouthwash, professional cleanings by your dentist, and in pill form.
Make sure to take good care of your teeth and gums so they can last a lifetime. For more information about fluoride treatments, or to schedule an oral exam with Dr. Soudabeh Sharafi and our team at Soudabeh Sharafi DMD, we invite you to give us a call at 858-259-1400. Our dental office is conveniently located in San Diego, California. We look forward to helping you maintain a healthy, confident smile!