Improve your oral health with successful tooth extractions. Tooth extractions require the removal of damaged or broken teeth, often with a small recovery time for your gums needed afterward.
Tooth extractions for the summer season can improve your smile. Listed below are some beneficial tips to better prepare you for a tooth extraction recovery:
– Smoking increases recovery time from an extraction, so give up smoking, or give it up for at least 2 full days before and after surgery.
– It is imperative that your body gets to rest and relax after surgery, so try to avoid all forms of exercise and fitness, to give your body time to repair.
– If your dentist has given you healing kits for recovery, follow them exactly as advised, and if any problems or concerns arise, be sure to let them know about it.
– Set forth a plan well in advance of your tooth extraction service to ensure you have the best chance of success before, during, and after the procedure.
– If unnecessary swelling occurs, use an ice pack or medications as prescribed by your dentist.
– To avoid choking on food, do not eat until the general anesthetic has completely diminished.
No matter the dental service you desire, Dr. Soudabeh Sharafi and our team is here to give you the smile you want. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dental office in San Diego, California, please contact us at 858-259-1400 to speak with a member of our team. We look forward to improving your smile!